Eka Pada Bhekasana (Single Leg Frog Pose)
Level: All levels
Eka = one. Pada = the foot. Bheka = a frog.
Organizing the Pose
- Lie face down on the mat.
- Lift the head and chest up and place the left forearm on the floor across the body with the elbow directly under the shoulder.
- Bend the right leg and press the top of the right foot down towards the floor just outside the right hip.
- If possible, pivot the right hand so that the fingers and toes point the same way.
- Hold the pose for 20 to 60 seconds.
- Release out of it and repeat on the second side.
- Reach the shoulder blade of the front arm forward and down towards the floor.
- Press the forearm towards you and stretch the sides of the waist and chest forward and up.
- Press the back hand down on the foot and the foot up into the hand.
- Press the hip bone down into the floor and lengthen the thigh back towards the bent knee.
- Draw the top of the foot towards the upper body.
- Soften and widen the buttocks.
- Lengthen the tailbone towards the bent knee.
- Soften and widen the collarbone, shoulder blades and neck.