Parshva Bharadwajasana (Side Bharadwaja’s Pose)
Level: All Levels
Parshva = side. Bharadwaja = an ancient sage with an insatiable desire for learning.
This pose is immensely restful and rejuvenating. It works well as a counter to back bends and standing poses.
Organizing the pose
- • Sit in Dandasana (Staff Pose) with a bolster or folded blankets on the floor against the right hip, pointing out perpendicular to the body.
• Swing the legs around to the left and turn to face the bolster.
• As you inhale, lengthen the trunk out along the bolster, as you exhale, turn to the right.
• Lay out over the bolster with the head turned to either side.
• Hold this position for 2-5 minutes.
• Lift up and repeat on the other side.
- • Soften and surrender to the shape of the pose.
• Allow the back body to receive the breath.